Make a noodle dish minus the wheat and gluten by swapping your traditional pasta with zucchini noodles. You can top these noodles with marinara sauce or a basic bolognese sauce. This is a GO-TO EASY Passover Chol Ha'Moed dinner the whole family can enjoy.
ZUCCHINI NOODLES WITH BASIC BOLOGNESE SAUCE
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Prep time 10 min. | Total time: 30 min. | Serves 6-8 | Passover Friendly
Weight Watchers Friendly: 8 points
For the Sauce
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb. ground veal or ground beef
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
2 tbsp of tomato paste
1/4 cup dry red wine
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried basil
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
2 bay leaves
For the Pasta
6 medium zucchini, spiralized
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 cloves of garlic, minced
1. Spiralize your zucchini and set aside on paper towels so that any excess water is soaked up. Feel free to sprinkle with a little salt.
2. Drizzle olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat and sauté onion, celery and garlic until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
3. Add ground beef (or veal) and cook until brown.
Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
4. For the zoodles, drizzle olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and sauté garlic until aromatic. Add zucchini noodles and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes until tender.
5. Top zucchini noodles with the bolognese sauce, serve right away and voilà a hearty weeknight dish for Passover and all year long!