You can make variations of this cake by filling the centre with canned cherries or fresh strawberries and topping the cake with white chocolate, chopped walnuts, candied nuts or pistachios.
Dont forget to take a picture and share it by tagging me on Instagram @leslierperez.
HAMENTASCHEN ICEBOX CAKE with Nutella
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Prep Time: 20 minute | Freeze Time: 2 hours minimum | Dairy or Pareve | Makes 12-14
3/4 of Nutella
1/3 cup of cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup of sugar
3 tbsp of butter or margarine
250 g of cream cheese or dairy-free cream cheese
9 graham crackers
1/2 cup of marshmallows
Sprinkles of choice to garnish
Tools: cling wrap and
1. In a bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add in the egg. Once blended well, add in the cream cheese and vanilla extract.
2. In a separate small bowl mix 1/2 of your Nutella with 1/4 cup of the Nutella thoroughly until nice and creamy (it should not be too liquid.)
3. On a baking sheet, lay the cling wrap over a baking sheet over the edge so that it holds sturdy. Place your graham crackers in 3 rows and 3 columns very tightly beside one another. (Put aside the remaining cream and Nutella)
4. With a spatula, gently spread the mixture over each cracker, throughout the entire surface as evenly as possible. Place as a row of one or 2 marshmallows along the centre of the centre row of crackers. Drizzle the Nutella mixture over the marshmallows.
5. Use the cling wrap to help bring up the two side rows of the crackers so that it forms a triangle wedge. Press down gently to compress the structure. Secure the cling wrap and freeze for at least 2 to 3 hours.
6. In a small bowl, gradually add the cream in the Nutella, you want the mixture to be creamy enough to slightly drizzle. Remove the icebox cake from the freezer. Gently remove the cling wrap and drizzle the chocolate on top.
7. Sprinkle sprinkles on top and place it back into the freezer until you are ready to cut each slice and serve.