One of my favorite desserts are coffee flavored ones. So a Purim truffle mishloach manot basket would not be the same without a coffee or espresso flavored one. So I opted for this white chocolate Tiramisu Truffle recipe for all those coffee lovers out there.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Total Time: 6 hours-overnight | Serves 24-30 | Dairy
8 oz white chocolate
½ cup mascarpone cheese
(at room temperature,
2 tbsp of heavy cream mixed
into 1/2 cup of cream cheese
(at room temperature as well).
2 tsp Tia Maria or coffee
liquor of choice OR 1 tsp water
1-2 tsp instant coffee, instant Starbucks or Taster's Choice
will do, flavor with coffee according to taste
COATING AND TOPPING
1 oz milk chocolate block
Grated lady finger cookie
TO MAKE THE GANACHE
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Using the double boiler method, in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering hot water, melt white chocolate until smooth. Set a side to let it cool.
3. Dissolve 1 tsp of the instant coffee in coffee liquor. If you do not have liquor you can dilute 2 teaspoons of coffee in 1 teaspoon of water instead.
4. After the white chocolate has cooled a bit, add in mascarpone or cream cheese cheese, and using a rubber spatula mix until smooth. There may be some lumps, which is fine. Aim to smooth the mixture as best as possible.
5. Add in the coffee and liquor mixture in the ganache and stir. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours to overnight. you want a smooth yet sturdy consistency enough to spoon it out.
6. Grate the block of milk chocolate. Optional, toss in optional grated ladyfinger cookie.
7. Using a melon baller or a small cookie scoop, scoop out balls from the tiramisu ganache and roll very quickly with your cold hands.You'll get the feeling they are melting in your hands, so roll them fast.
COATING AND TOPPING
8. Roll truffles in chocolate shavings.
Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 4 weeks. Keep these cool, when you hand these to people for mishloach manot, specify these should go in the refrigerator.
If these are not for Purim, you can eat them right away of course. Enjoy, Purim sameach!