Clean eating. Amid the baking, one has to embrace a bit of wholesomeness; and in the coming weeks -Hanukkah aside of course- I plan on exploring delicious clean meal ideas starting with Quinoa, my favourite superfood.
I found this recipe online and adapted it by using Spinach. What I love about these Salmon Quinoa Spinach Burgers is that they consist of protein and lots of GREENS. Not to mention they are super filling and easy to pop together. They are so easy to make, the kids can make them and even the dads! Hope you like them!
Makes 5 patties approximately (190 calories each)
- 15 oz skinless salmon fillet
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup diced shallots
- 1-2 cups chopped spinach
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp Old Bay ( I bought mine at At Water Market's Les Douceurs du Marché)
- 1 large beaten egg
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, shallots, dijon, salt and pepper.
- Cut about a 5 oz piece off or the salmon and place in a food processor or chopper to finely chop (as a means to hold the burgers together).
- Chop the remaining salmon, transfer to a large work bowl.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, saute spinach and add shallots. Season with salt and pepper and cook over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to the bowl with salmon along with quinoa, Dijon, Old Bay and egg. Mix to combine, then form into 5 patties, about 1/2 cup each.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat, spray with oil and add the salmon patties. Cook them for 5 minutes, then gently turn and cook an additional 5 minutes, until cooked through.
Voila! Enjoy this meal of wholesomeness!