Bellow is my technique and recipe to make two pies, a vanilla ice cream cake and a mint chocolate chip ice cream cake. I hope you enjoy!
Serves 8 to 16 and makes 2 ice cream pies, both a mint-chocolate chip and a vanilla pie
- 2 Parve chocolate or graham pie crust (by Keebler)
- 500 ml of Nutri Whip
- 1 cup of Coffee Rich dairy-free creamer (in the kosher frozen aisle)
- 1 pack of instant vanilla pudding mix (in the kosher aisle)
- 1 cap of mint extract - for the mint pie only
- 4 drops of green food coloring - for the mint pie only
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- 3 Tbs of vegetable oil
- 3 tbs of cocoa
- 3 Tbs of water
- 1 cup of icing sugar
- Unwrap your pie shells and set aside.
- In your Cuisinart food processor whip the NutriWhip until it's thick and creamy.
- Ad in the Coffee Rich and the vanilla pudding and mix for a minute.
- Once this is done, place half the batter into one of the pie shells, cover the pie and place in the freezer.
- With the remainder of the portion, pore up to one cap of mint extract along with the droplets of green food coloring (that's what give it that minty look) and blend thoroughly until the color is spread evenly.
- Add in the chocolate chips and press on the pulse feature of the food processor to chop your chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the second pie shell, and again cover and freeze for 1 to 2 hours.
FOR THE ICING
- In a pan, mix the oil, cocoa and water thoroughly at minimum heat for 5 minutes or until nicely melted.
- Ad in the icing sugar and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Take out the pie shells from the freezer to pour and spread evenly the icing on the top of each pie.
- Place back into the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Once the icing has hardened, sprinkle the sprinkles over the pies as a finishing decorative touch, and voila! Voila, You have delicious dairy-free ice cream pies!