|Photograph by Leslie Perez. All rights reserved.|
INGREDIENTS (Makes 24 muffins)
- 1 1/2 cup of white cake or spelt flour
- 1 tablespoon of xantum gum
- 1 tbsp of orange juice
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cups of raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/1 teaspoons of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 pints of fresh blueberries ( the fresher the tastier the blueberries, the more delicious the muffins will be)
- Creative cupcake liners (from Michaels)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Line your muffin tray with cupcake liners and spray Pam over them.
- In a food processor, blend your vegetable oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and orange juice.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend the flour, xanthum gum, salt and baking powder.
- Blend the liquid mixture into the flour mixture and then mix-in the blueberries with a baking spatula.
- Pour the batter in each individual muffin liner.
- Bake in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.