To my dear friends, Montreal is toughing out extreme -30 cold weather and we need warmth. It's time for some chicken soup! Any chicken soup is a no-fail recipe, there are simply so many ways you can make it, using all sorts of veggies. In times of record lows, a chicken soup will surely warm your home. Enjoy and keep making homemade food ;)
6 cups of water
8 boneless chicken thighs
Chicken carcase (optional)
1 large sweet potato cut into large pieces
1 zucchini peeled and sliced in halves
2 celeri stalks
1 large diced onion
Sprig of dill
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Soup noodles (optional)
- Bring to a boil 6 cups of water with onion and chicken pieces, salt.
- Lower the flame to medium.
- Place the dill into the cheese cloth and close tightly and insert in the boiling liquid.
- for 30 minutes, place all of the vegetables insided the pot and let it cook with the pot lid semi on top.
- With a miniature spooned strainer remove any residues floating up to the top, you want your soup to be clear.
- Turn the flame to low and let it simmer for another 30 minutes and voila you have warm chicken soup.