INGREDIENTS & TIPS
- Tools: BBQ (preferably charcoal BBQ because I love the taste of it) & wooden kabob sticks soaked for 10 minutes in a bowl of water (this prevents the wood from burning up).
- 10 ounces of Halibut cut in cubes
- 10 ounces Atlantic Salmon cut in cubes
- 2 red peppers sliced in small 12
- 1 yellow pepper sliced in 12
- 1 large white onion sliced in triangular pieces
- Alternative vegetables: You can add mushrooms or zuchini as well)
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly grounded peper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Prep your vegetables and fish and ensure your wooden sticks are moist.
- Heat BBQ on Medium heat
- Marinate your cubed fish in a large bowl with the oil, salt and pepper (and spices of choice)
- Take your wooden stick and place an onion all the way through, then a cube of Salmon, then a pepper and alternate again to onion, Halibut cube pepper.... until you are at the top of the kabob. Repeat the process for each kabob stick at least 8 sticks. Place the kabobs on the grill for approximately 7 to 8 minutes and ensure not to overcook the fish, as you want that tasty moisture. And voila you have fish kabobs that can be accompanied with a spinach strawberry salad (recipe to come next week).