|Photograph by Leslie Perez. All rights reserved.|
- 1 1/3 cups of warm water
- 1 tablespoon of dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons of xanthum gum ( The key ingredient thickening the dough)
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 2 cups of white spelt flour
- 1 cup of brown spelt flour
- 1/3 cup of flax seeds
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 8x8 square baking trays half filled with water
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix the water, yeast and sugar in a bowl and let sit until a foaming reaction occurs.
- Combine the flours along with the remainder of the ingredients, and then incorporate the yeast and water. Knead for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Shape the dough into 3 to 4 round rolls or small baguettes. Place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or tin foil paper.
- Once this is done, place the tray on the top shelf of the oven, underneath should be the two baking trays with water.
- Bake for a half hour until nice and crisp.
- Remove the bread from the oven and spread some butter or hummus, and voila, you have a warm breakfast or snack.
- Weight watcher points value: 2 Power Points per ounce.