Red Snapper on a Bed of Spinach
|Photograph by Leslie Perez. All rights reserved.|
- 3 - 4 Red Snapper filets
- 1/2 bag of frozen spinach ( bodeck brand)
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of 'herbes de provences'
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- A shpritz of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set oven to bake at 405 degrees Celsius.
- In a large skillet, on medium Heat for 15 minutes, blend the water, olive oil, 3-4 minced garlic cloves, and spinach. Once the liquid has evaporated place the spinach on a parchment paper over a Corning or pyrex wear.
- Place the red snapper filets on the bed of spinach and top it off with the herbs, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Place another parchment sheet on top and fold the edges on each side. Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. And voila! You have delicious, succulent and healthy fish.
- 2 bunches of radishes (approx. 20 radishes)
- 1 teaspoon of butter or pareve butter substitute
- 3/4 cup of chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- Salt and pepper
This is an interesting and easy side dish inspired by a dear friend of mine.
Remove the stems of the radishes and slice each radish into three.
In a skillet, blend the butter and garlic together on medium heat. Add the radishes and spread evenly. Once the radishes are turning rosy, ad the chicken broth and allow it to simmer at minimum heat. Add salt and pepper and then cover to allow for quicker simmering. You want to ensure not overcook the radishes and that their texture is slightly crunchy. This recipe is a favorite with BBQ chicken so enjoy! Enjoy!